Educational Institutions: Schools, Colleges & Universities
AKRF is proud of the work we have done for our academic clients, helping to improve existing school, college, and university facilities, as well as working to develop new campuses for learning.
As educational facilities evolve and expand, their physical needs also change. Campus growth requires environmental impact analyses; classrooms need sound attentuation; playgrounds require proper site engineering; on-site power generation must comply with air quality regulations; and adaptive reuse also must be environmentally responsible.
AKRF's experts are at the head of the class in these and other related disciplines. We’re pleased to see the joy that new school facilities and playgrounds bring to the students and the broader community.
Our project experience includes:
- Columbia University (Manhattanville, Northwest Science Building, Lamont Doherty), New York, NY
- City University of New York (CUNY), New York, NY
- New York University, New York, NY
- New York City Public Schools and Charter Schools, New York, NY
- State University of New York (SUNY) campuses at Stony Brook, New Paltz, Brooklyn (Downstate Medical Center), and Purchase, NY
- The Cooper Union, New York, NY
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Fordham University, New York, NY
- Roosevelt School District, Roosevelt, NY