205 Water Street, Luxury Condo Building in DUMBO, Brooklyn
AKRF provided full acoustical consulting services from Schematic Design through Construction Documents for the Toll Brothers City Living luxury condominium located at 205 Water Street in the Historic District of the DUMBO neighborhood in Brooklyn, New York.
The development, which will be a LEED-certified project, consists of two condominium buildings above a two-level parking garage. The project totals approximately 132,000 square feet and features private outdoor terraces.
Our acoustical consulting services included:
- Noise survey to assess existing area noise levels, including noise from vehicular and rail traffic on the nearby Manhattan Bridge
- Identifying of glazing specifications to satisfy window/wall attenuation requirements
- Mechanical equipment review and noise control recommendations to meet Noise and Mechanical Code requirements
- Review of mechanical ductwork and recommendations to prevent cross-talk between units/adjacent rooms
- Outdoor mechanical equipment review and noise control recommendations to achieve desirable noise levels at the project’s private outdoor terraces
- Isolation of interior parking areas/garage door, elevators, fitness center, and the trash chute/compactor
- Design recommendations to control both airborne and impact sound transmission between adjacent units
In addition, AKRF provided Construction Administration Services including submittal review and site inspections.
205 Water Street
Toll Brothers City Living