Permitting Support for NYCDEP Projects
AKRF is providing support to the New York City Department of Environmental Protection (NYCDEP) Bureau of Engineering Design and Construction (BEDC) in a wide range of technical areas related to environmental permits and approvals for NYCDEP capital and operational projects.
These permitting support services fall into two major categories:
- Preparing detailed guidance documents that will be used by project designers and construction managers on future projects, in order to expedite environmental approvals and prevent delays; and
- Providing expert review and guidance regarding environmental permits and approvals for current projects, in order to ensure completeness of permit applications and effective coordination with regulatory agencies.
The technical areas covered by AKRF include:
- Wetlands, groundwater, surface water, and other natural resources
- Hazardous materials
- Traffic and transportation
- Air quality
- Noise and vibration
- Historic and archaeological resources
- Stormwater management
- Open space and parkland
AKRF is also helping NYCDEP improve the overall process for tracking environmental permits and approvals, from the planning and design phases of a project to construction and long-term operation.
NYCDEP Permit Resource Division Support
New York City
New York City Department of Environmental Protection (NYCDEP)