Cultural Institutions: Museums, Libraries & the Arts
AKRF’s technical experts have completed numerous studies for cultural institutions including museums, libraries, botanical gardens, and even a decommissioned aircraft carrier.
Museums and other cultural institutions bring value to a community as well as a set of complex challenges. While appreciating these institutions, facilities, and programs, residents adjoining them are often burdened by the additional traffic, noise, and general activity generated by these uses.
Our studies have allowed these institutions to address the concerns of neighbors and regulators alike while enhancing accessibility and programming for the general public. Through thoughtful analysis and strategic planning, AKRF helps make these institutions become welcome neighbors.
Our project experience includes:
- Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), New York, NY
- American Museum of Natural History, New York, NY
- Museum of African Art, New York, NY
- Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum, New York, NY
- Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, NY
- New York Public Library, New York, NY
- Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, Bethel, NY
- New Amsterdam Theater, New York, NY