Hospitals are complex environments and operate, in many ways, like mini-cities within a city. AKRF understands the myriad issues confronted by hospitals as they seek to enhance their operations or expand their services in neighborhoods that are often already built-out.
Construction of new facilities, and the retrofitting of older buildings with 21st century medical or building systems technology and patient care protocols each present their own sets of challenges. We have assisted hospitals with assignments as seemingly small as air quality permitting for a new laboratory and as grand as environmental assessment of a new master plan for a 200-acre hospital campus.
Our project experience includes:
- New York University Medical Center, New York, NY
- Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- Cornell University Weill Medical College, New York, NY
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- New York Presbyterian Hospital, White Plains, NY
- Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY