AKRF has more than a quarter of a century of experience in completing environmental reviews and environmental impact assessments for large transportation initiatives.
Because transportation projects affect the character of our communities in many ways, AKRF’s multidisciplinary staff provides the full range of services in environmental, planning, and engineering service areas to complete a full NEPA-compliant document and other environmental studies. Our deep technical knowledge, comprehensive resources, strategic work approach, and intimate familiarity with environmental regulations help us resolve our clients’ issues quickly to satisfy their project goals.
AKRF understands the intricacies of local, state, and federal environmental regulations, and has strong working relationships with federal transportation agencies, such as the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), Federal Transit Administration (FTA), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). As we also specialize in permitting services, we can coordinate the review processes to move complicated projects through federal approval from beginning to end.
Our project experience includes:
- LaGuardia Airport AirTrain EIS Owner's Representative
- JFK Airport North Cargo Area Redevelopment
- JFK Airport TWA Flight Center Hotel
- Newark Airport PATH Extension
- Second Avenue Subway
- Hudson Tunnel Project
- LIRR East Side Access
- LIRR Expansion
- Portal Bridge Replacement
- World Trade Center Transportation Hub
- New York Citywide Ferry
- Port Authority Bus Terminal
- Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge (Tappan Zee Bridge Replacement)
- Susquehanna River Rail Bridge Replacement
- Connecticut River Bridge Replacement
- I-81 Viaduct Project
- Brooklyn-Queens Expressway Atlantic to Sands Rehabilitation
- Bayonne Bridge Navigational Clearance Program
- Cross Harbor Freight Program Tier I & Tier II