Transportation Services: Roads & Rails
AKRF has more than a quarter of a century of experience in completing environmental reviews and environmental impact assessments for large transportation initiatives.
Because transportation projects affect the character of our communities in many ways, AKRF’s multidisciplinary staff provides the full range of services in environmental, planning, and engineering service areas to complete a full NEPA-compliant document and other environmental studies. Our deep technical knowledge, comprehensive resources, strategic work approach, and intimate familiarity with environmental regulations help us resolve our clients’ issues quickly to satisfy their project goals.
AKRF understands the intricacies of local, state, and federal environmental regulations, and has strong working relationships with federal transportation agencies, such as the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), Federal Transit Administration (FTA), and Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). As we also specialize in permitting services, we can coordinate the review processes to move complicated projects through federal approval from beginning to end.
Our project experience includes:
- The New NY Bridge at Tappan Zee, Rockland and Westchester Counties, NY
- Second Avenue Subway, New York, NY
- Long Island Rail Road East Side Access to Grand Central Terminal, New York, NY and Nassau and Suffolk Counties, NY
- Portal Bridge Capacity Enhancement Project, Kearny and Secaucus, NJ
- Cross Harbor Freight Movement Project, Various Locations, NY and NJ
- Route 9A Reconstruction Project, New York, NY
- Belt Parkway Bridges Replacement Project, Various Locations, Brooklyn, NY