Wetlands & Watersheds
AKRF helps our clients to unlock the true potential of their water resources by providing an interdisciplinary wetlands and watersheds consultancy built to tackle today’s water management challenges.
Wetland and watershed management are central to successful, dynamic, and productive communities. Our water resources are increasingly called on to simultaneously provide a staggering suite of uses—irrigation, recreation, domestic water supply, food production, food and waste conveyance, commerce, and energy production—while at once supporting healthy ecosystems and providing a source of identity for communities and entire regions.
The challenges of providing for such a wide array of uses can be daunting and AKRF meets them by integrating multiple disciplines—engineering, aquatic ecology and fisheries, economics, public relations, and planning.
Our project experience includes:
- Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) Estuary Enhancement Program, Multiple Locations, NJ
- Wises Mill Run Stream Restoration and Stormwater Management-Facility Design, Philadelphia, PA
- South Western Regional Planning Agency (SWRPA) Watershed-Based Management Plans, Various Locations, CT
- South Richmond Watershed (Staten Island Bluebelt) Drainage Plan, Staten Island, NY
- Gardens Lake Dredge and Restoration, Mamaroneck, NY
- Baltimore County/Baltimore City Watershed Assessment, Baltimore, MD