Drafting a Sustainable Master Plan for the Town of Cortlandt, NY
2016 Cortlandt Sustainable Master Plan
Town of Cortlandt
AKRF is currently preparing the 2016 Cortlandt Sustainable Master Plan, which will provide a guide for Cortlandt’s future growth and help the Town position itself as a regional leader in sustainability.
The Master Plan establishes goals and develops recommendations by capturing the evolving priorities and interests of Cortlandt’s residents and stakeholders while addressing local and regional sustainability objectives through innovative community planning efforts.
Key planning initiatives considered as part of the updated Master Plan include:
- Economic development
- Mixed-use Downtown Areas
- Waterfront Revitalization
- Transit-Oriented Development
In completing this ongoing Master Planning effort, AKRF is meeting monthly with the Master Plan Committee, which comprises residents, local stakeholders and Town staff. As part of the Master Planning process, AKRF is leading a comprehensive community outreach process, including a comprehensive public survey--focused on planning, sustainability, and economic growth--as well as public engagement meetings.
The scope of our project services also have included:
- Review of previously completed planning documents and demographic data resulting in an update of the previous Master Plan's base studies
- Preparing GIS-based land use and zoning maps
- Developing policies and methodologies for measuring the implementation of the Master Plan's goals
- Compliance with State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA)