Acoustics, Noise & Vibration
AKRF’s acoustics, noise, and vibration consultants are experienced professionals who perform all of the requisite tasks for acoustics, noise, and vibration analyses, from sound and vibration measurements to state-of-the-art computer modeling, building acoustics tests, mechanical equipment noise surveys, impact analysis, and acoustical design recommendations, including noise control and vibration isolation.
We offer acoustics, noise and vibration consulting services for developers, architects, engineers, building managers, and individual tenants – no job is too big or small.
AKRF’s acoustics, noise, and vibration staff are well versed in the whole range of federal, state, and local noise regulations, including regulations specific to the Federal Transit Administration (FTA), U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). At the local level, our experts have been asked to review and revise various noise codes, including the New York City Noise Control Code. We have written recommendations for the New York City Department of Buildings (NYCDOB) Code section on Sound Transmission and Mechanical Equipment, and we have consulted with NYCDOB on clarifications and revisions to the New York City Mechanical Code Section MC 926, “Noise Control Requirements.”
Our acoustical consultants are also industry leaders with impressive teaching and publishing credentials.
Contact an AKRF expert for additional information.
- An Examination of the OITC Metric for Building Facade Design in New York City
- New York City: The (E) Designation and Restrictive Declaration
- Acoustical Analysis Methodology for Urban Rooftop Playgrounds in New York City
- Updated Noise Regulations in New York City
- Noise Assessments for Construction Noise Impacts
- Operational Noise Impact Assessment for the Sunset Park Material Recycling Facility in Brooklyn, NY
- Development of Noise Analysis for Assessing Traffic Noise in Certain Typical Conditions
- Using the Railway Noise Model for Detailed Noise Analyses