AKRF works closely with our clients to understand the intended use of each space. Our acoustical engineers identify important factors to achieve a successful acoustical design and find a balance between the architect’s design and the project’s acoustical goals.
We perform sound and vibration testing using the latest acoustical instrumentation, architectural design studies, mechanical equipment review, and state-of-the-art computer modeling.
The scope of our services includes:
- Architectural acoustical design studies for buildings
- Architectural, mechanical, and structural plan review with acoustical design recommendations
- Indoor/outdoor mechanical equipment design review and testing
- Acoustical optimization for critical environments (sound isolation, low noise/vibration design)
- Acoustical computer modeling
- Noise Code design and compliance testing
- NYC Noise (E) Designation design and compliance testing
- Sound and vibration measurements (including STC, IIC, and OITC)
- Field testing of reverberation time (RT60)
- Building attenuation and glazing studies