Air Emission Permits and Regulatory Compliance
AKRF's air quality expertise includes preparing applications for pre-construction and operating air permits, as well as federal permits including Title V operating permits, and prevention of significant deterioration/new source review (PSD/NSR) permits under the Clean Air Act.
AKRF’s staff understands the complex permitting process and works closely with clients and regulatory agencies to ensure that permits can be issued in a timely manner. We work with facility owners and operators to establish permit conditions that allow for maximum operating flexibility.
We also have extensive experience preparing air emission inventories, comprehensive regulatory evaluations, and other technical studies that support design feasibility studies; Environmental Impact Statements (EISs); and air permit applications. In addition, AKRF prepares technical studies to determine the short- and long-term health impacts of toxic air contaminants.
The scope of our services includes:
- Title V Operating Permits
- State and local permits
- Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) Assessments
- New Source Review (NSR) Assessments
- Regulatory compliance determinations
- Remedial Action Plans and Installation Reports for properties in New York City listed with an Air Quality (E) Designation
- Control technology evaluation and design (Reasonably Available Control Technology [RACT], Best Available Control Technology [BACT], Lowest Achievable Emission Rate [LAER], and Maximum Achievable Control Technology [MACT])
- Compliance auditing
- Compliance certification and emission statements
- Emission reduction credits
- Ambient air monitoring
- Risk assessment