Economic Demographics & Market Conditions
AKRF evaluates economic demographics and market conditions and trends for residential, industrial, retail, office, hotel, and other commercial ventures.
Our clients for these projects include:
- Large economic development agencies such as the Empire State Development Corporation and the New York City Industrial Development Agency
- Smaller regional planning agencies such as the Windham Region Council of Governments (WINCOG) in Connecticut
- National chain retailers such as The Home Depot
- Real estate developers such as Forest City Ratner Corporation and AvalonBay Communities, Inc.
Our analyses are frequently used by public sector clients to plan for population and job growth and to verify the market for proposed real estate projects. Private sector clients call on AKRF to determine or test demand for their real estate developments, and to help navigate through the public approval process by forecasting potential socioeconomic impacts.
The scope of our services includes:
- Market and feasibility studies
- Consumer spending analysis
- Capture rate/gap analysis
- Affordable housing demand analysis
- Demographic trends and forecasts
- Online and intercept surveys
- City Environmental Quality Review (CEQR)/State Environmental Quality Review (SEQR)/National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) socioeconomic impact analysis