AKRF’s marine engineers create resilient, sustainable solutions to the challenges presented in revitalizing and redeveloping coastal and urban waterfronts.
We understand the nature of the marine environment, and utilize this knowledge along with our firm grasp of regulatory agency requirements and permitting procedures, and effective construction methods and materials to assist private and public developers of property along waterways.
AKRF’s marine engineering practice integrates the expertise of our Natural Resources, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and Climate Change groups to offer hydrographic surveys, GIS data development and management, wetlands restoration and mitigation, aquatic studies and biological monitoring, and adaptation and risk analysis services.
The scope of our experience includes:
- Piers, docks, bulkheads, and shoreline stabilization
- Marina, ferry, and water taxi facilities
- Boardwalks, esplanades, and waterfront parks
- Wetlands enhancement
- Coastal Protection and Resiliency
- Residential and municipal developments