AKRF’s geotechnical engineers are experienced in developing and supervising subsurface investigations along the waterfront.
We provide the expertise required to collect, review, and process subsurface data and to utilize investigation findings in the analysis and design of waterfront retaining structures and deep pile foundations. The firm is registered with the New York City Department of Buildings to provide special inspections on all aspects of geotechnical investigations and construction.
The scope of our services includes:
- Preparation of subsurface inspection programs, including boring layout and laboratory analyses
- On-site monitoring of investigation field work, including logging of bore holes
- Classification of collected soil samples
- Summary of soil and bedrock conditions
- Evaluation and recommendation for design parameters and construction-related issues
- Coordination with hazardous material site assessment and remediation efforts
- Vibration monitoring
- NYC Department of Building Special Inspections