Waterfront Inspection and Rehabilitation
Waterfront inspection and rehabilitation services are a cornerstone of AKRF’s marine engineering practice.
Maintaining an effective inspection program extends the useful service life of aging waterfront facilities and reduces the risk of loss of function for the structure. High-quality repair and rehabilitation design requires a thorough understanding of the behavior and performance of these structures and the unique challenges presented by the aggressive marine environment.
AKRF engineers have the skills and experience required to provide our clients with information required to make critical investment decisions and, when necessary, to develop effective rehabilitation and repair schemes; prepare plans, specification, and cost estimates; and prioritize all work efforts for their waterfront facilities.
The scope of our services includes:
- Site and facility assessment
- Underwater investigation and evaluation
- Preparation of rehabilitation design plans, specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Material testing and evaluation
- Major maintenance planning and asset management services
- Bathymetric surveys