AKRF has developed our own pedestrian operation models based on Highway Capacity Manual (HCM) procedures to assess potential project impacts on sidewalks, corner reservoirs, and crosswalks.
Where necessary, pedestrian circulation improvement measures, such as walkway extension, crosswalk widening, sidewalk furniture removal, and corner bulb-out, may be recommended.
We also evaluate indoor pedestrian circulation and queuing issues to assist in the development of building or facility design improvements.
The scope of our services includes:
- Pedestrian impact analyses
- Pedestrian flow and queuing studies
- Pedestrian safety analyses
- Improvement and mitigation studies
- Vehicular and pedestrian/bicycle safety studies