Transforming a vacant lot into a community-driven urban stormwater forest
Integrating numerous in-house disciplines, our planners, engineers, and scientists work with local communities to build multi-objective and ecologically intact resources that support a diversity of uses and values, including water supply; stormwater and wastewater conveyance; food and energy production; commerce and navigation; recreation; and sense of place.
Design services range from wetland mitigation and restoration to natural stream channel assessment and restoration, as well as green stormwater infrastructure, rainwater harvesting, and wastewater reuse. We also provide full modeling, monitoring and assessment capabilities, including water quality, hydraulic, hydrologic, and sediment transport modeling; fluvial geomorphic, riparian, and in-stream habitat assessment; and flow, biological, and water quality monitoring.
AKRF specializes in regulatory compliance including Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) and Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) compliance consulting; 316(b) compliance for waterfront power plants; U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Section 404 and 401 permitting; and State-level wetland, stream, and stormwater permitting.
- Stream channel restoration and stabilization design
- Green stormwater infrastructure, rainwater harvesting, and wastewater reuse
- Water quality, hydraulic, hydrologic and sediment transport modeling
- Fluvial geomorphic, riparian, and in-stream habitat assessment
- Flow, biological, and water quality monitoring
- Flood mitigation and stormwater management planning
- Watershed management planning
- Wetland mitigation and restoration design
- CSO and MS4 compliance consulting
- 316(b) compliance
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Section 404 and 401 permitting
- State wetland, stream, and stormwater permitting