Historical Resources Documentation
Since AKRF’s founding, the cultural resources group has surveyed and documented thousands of buildings, sites, and structures for projects ranging in scope from extensive transportation and urban redevelopment initiatives to individual buildings for which owners are pursuing federal historic preservation tax incentives and easements.
We tailor our approach to the specific needs of each project—from the identification and compilation of relevant data, consideration of alterations and integrity, and evaluation of periods of significance and eligibility criteria, to the preparation of contextual studies of building/structure types and development narratives.
We are experts in urban and vernacular architecture; cartographic analysis, including historic map georeferencing; research at state, city, and local repositories; and archival report preparation.
The scope of our services includes:
- Historic resource surveys
- National Register of Historic Places nominations
- Historic resource inventory forms
- Federal Historic Preservation Tax Incentive applications
- Statements of Significance
- Designation support services
- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) recordation
- Photographic documentation
- Historic map georeferencing