Comprehensive Plans & Community Design
AKRF's team of planners, landscape designers, and Geographical Information Systems (GIS) experts has extensive experience in developing Comprehensive Plans for towns and larger regions in addition to plans for reuse of campuses, facilities, and individual neighborhoods.
Through careful consideration of existing development patterns, traffic patterns, community facilities, and environmental resources, our team has developed numerous plans that appropriately guide growth and development according to the goals of the community.
Plans are often developed through the solicitation of public comments throughout the process.
The scope of our services includes:
- Municipal and county comprehensive plans
- Specific area plans and corridor design studies
- Integrated transportation and land use studies
- Trailway, bicycle, and pedestrian plans
- Growth management and sustainable development studies
- Open space and farmland plans
- Public participation, including public engagement and outreach plans