Municipalities: Working with Counties, Cities, Small Towns & Villages
AKRF understands how counties, cities, small towns, and villages work. We have developed a municipal planning practice that provides professional service with sensitivity to local needs and local ways. We also work with counties on broader regional issues.
Small-town life is still a defining element of the American character and spirit--even in New York City with its numerous and distinctive neighborhoods.
Our project experience includes:
- Town Planners for numerous Hudson Valley communities such as Town of Dover, Town of Southeast, and Village of Mount Kisco
- Corridor and Downtown Revitalization plans for Easton, MD; Freeport, NY; Village of Pelham Manor, NY; and Baltimore Avenue, Philadelphia, PA
- Urban Renewal Plans for Wyandanch, NY; Melrose Commons, Bronx, NY; and Downtown Brooklyn, NY
- Rezoning analyses for the Lower East Side, Manhattan, NY; Willets Point, Queens, NY and Hunter’s Point South, Queens, NY; Coney Island, Brooklyn, NY
- County-wide planning, zoning, and infrastructure for Broome County, NY; Rockland County, NY; Westchester County, NY; Monmouth County, NJ; and Loudon County, VA.