Open Space: Parks and Recreation
AKRF has prepared numerous open space plans and contributed technical services from landscape planning and design and engineering to economic and environmental assessment so local park organizations can develop new spaces to serve their communities.
The network of open space within and around our cities, towns, and villages provides a necessary “green infrastructure” serving multiple purposes. Within our open spaces we have room to wander, to breathe, and to wonder at the diversity of life around us. Our open spaces nourish us in countless ways.
Open spaces these days are becoming more integrated into our communities and are more complex than they once were. AKRF is ready to help think through these challenges and bring more people out of doors.
Our project experience includes:
- Brooklyn Bridge Park, Brooklyn, NY
- Governors Island, New York, NY
- Hudson River Park, New York, NY
- East River Esplanade and Piers, New York, NY
- Fresh Kills Park, Staten Island, NY
- Bronx River Greenway, Bronx, NY
- New Paltz Open Space Inventory, New Paltz, NY
- Harbor Island Park, Mamaroneck, NY
- Scenic Hudson – Fishkill Ridge Planning Study, Beacon/Fishkill, NY