Acoustics Noise (E) Designations & Restrictive Declarations Design Compliance
AKRF has a long history of helping clients and their architects satisfy New York City (E) designation and Restrictive Declaration requirements.
Our acousticians undertake sound measurements and acoustical analyses to determine attenuation requirements while working closely with the project architect on building façade design. We are well versed in the process, have good working relationships with the City reviewing agencies, and understand the requirements for satisfactory documentation.
The scope of our services includes:
- Outdoor site-specific noise surveys
- Indoor noise surveys
- Field testing of Outdoor-Indoor Transmission Class (OITC)
- Building façade design and glazing studies
- Acoustical analyses to determine attenuation requirements at various façades and elevations
- Liaison with the Office of Environmental Remediation (OER) to obtain Notices to Proceed, Notices of No Objection, and Notices of Satisfaction