Air Quality Policy Support
AKRF has a long history of helping government agencies develop air quality policy and tools for air quality analysis, as well as in helping private clients understand how changes in regulations affect their projects, plans, and facilities.
The scope of our services includes:
- Development of air quality analysis tools
- Air quality analysis guidance
- Regulatory assessment
For example, our project experience includes:
- Development of methodology for assessing impacts on air quality for the New York City Environmental Quality Review (CEQR) Technical Manual.
- Assisting the New York City Department of Environmental Protection (NYCDEP) in updating the Industrial Performance Standards that address air quality requirements for businesses located in manufacturing zoned areas.
- Helping a client in the power industry understand the implications of new or proposed regulations, including the Clean Air Interstate Rule, Clean Air Mercury Rule, and the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative.
- Developing methodologies for analyzing the potential impacts of large-scale construction on air quality and advising on emission reduction options while working on projects to rebuild the transit hub at the World Trade Center.